Today was the first nanny trial, and it was… not good. She is NOT someone I would entrust caring for my baby, even in the next room. Here are the notes:
- Not comfortable with mixing formula – she was a deer with headlights when I asked if she’d done this before.
- Forgot to change diaper before 5pm feed until I asked her.
- Did not read signs of fatigue to put down for nap; she actually refused to let the baby nap when she was clearly showing signs that she was tired!
- Confused spit up for throw up. These are NOT the same thing.
- Too much holding and not enough engagement
- Did not read signs of pre-teething to soothe even though she was warned
- Bath was too cold and not enough water
- Did not write meticulous notes on feeds, poops and pees as I requested; forgot the amounts she fed baby and asked ME how much the baby ate.